Saturday, October 13, 2018

You Worry, Child

It rains where it never rains, the temperature soared 60 degrees and I peeled layers of clothing before flying down into the palm tree valley and they say somewhere just beyond lies the ocean. There is much to say, and once the cocktail wears off I will say it, once the miles land in my muscles I will tell you all about it, because today I laughed and cried in the same breath and I saw the Truths of an entire universe laid out before me, surely you do not expect a person to stay quiet with the enormity of Life on their tongue?

We had so many drinks, you had so many miles, first we will sleep. The cicadas sing you a lullaby, this heart beats you a rhyme to which you may rest, today you saw the whole world at your feet and the only Word I had was wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment