Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Humbles

A full moon climbs the zodiac, quiet, unassuming, in peace. I sit on the back patio, listening to starlight, asking for granted wishes but really only spending time with the Universe, it's enough. A month draws to a close; last night I booked a return ticket and it reminds me there's an entire life out there waiting for me. I've only been playing hide and seek, and everything I stowed away for the sublet will lie there waiting, a little dustier perhaps but still unchanged. When I say I am glad to have known you, I mean it. When I say I am grateful for this opportunity to break and mend, I mean it more than I knew when I asked for it. I sat staring at the stars wishing one might fall, but the best wishes we grant ourselves, it just takes a little work, it just takes offering up your own beating heart on a slab, out there in the open, vulnerable, trembling, brazen enough to believe it may survive what unknowns may come, and not just survive but grow into something better than what it was before, and here's the thing, here's the thing, everything worth pursuing is terrifying as hell. That's how you know your heart is out there. The heart breaks and breaks but is not broken. I moved into a quiet basement in the desert not knowing what I would find, but here's the thing: when you go into the dark with a searchlight, what you end up finding is always another piece of yourself you didn't know you had missed.

The Universe doesn't simply grant you wishes. You make your dreams come true, and just humbly give the credit away.

No comments:

Post a Comment