Thursday, October 11, 2018

It's just motion, and it's just time


I load the car, pack my bags, set alarms, set my sights.

Today everything came together, today a story closed itself and I knew, I really knew, in that way you only can when you turned all the other noise down and listened only to the little voice at the very bottom of your heart, that if I can do this with the rest of my life it will be enough (although the voice says it will be everything), and it is the most breathtaking drug. I ran along the water with a laugh in my chest, spending the miles recounting my gratitudes, and how many they were, how many gifts I have been given lately and I had no idea until they sat within my skin. I load the car, pack my bags, set alarms, set my sights. I arrange the leftover papers on my desk, pull out a stray from the pile.

how much would it be to buy a used car
  in Kansas these days?

fuck it, let's find out.

My cup runneth over. I wanted you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment