Friday, October 19, 2018

Re:mind

I woke with a start, torn from strange dreams of last minute flights by a persistent alarm and in the darkness I couldn't remember where I was. The quiet country nights mess with my urbanite head, I'm lost and all out of sorts in the stillness, I get too much sleep. The sun rose slowly over the snow-capped mountains as I tried to align whatever bones might build me for a day. Sometimes I seem unable to listen to the voice inside even as it yells and screams and drags its nails across my lungs, how is life a constant process of relearning? Again and again the Universe tells me truths; again and again I forget and let other dictate my path according to their ideals. But the sun rose again over the mountains today, it does not give up in the face of the unknown so neither should I. I sat in the space I have built for myself and pulled another note from the envelope. The little voice inside my chest grew quiet, nodded only and pointed to the paper:

(cajsa, you have felt the madness
rage in your blood, you have seen
delirium, you have known the 
universe in words; do not doubt,
ever, that it is your path.
everything else will be alrig ht
as long as you write. 
                       so do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment