Thursday, August 30, 2018

Decisions

I stood in the ocean today and spoke with the Universe. It answered in waves, steady on my skin and unafraid. I thought maybe I can be too.

Summer draws to a close, a new season lining up on the horizon and changes in every direction. I keep my constants, hold them tight like a compass in my pocket, let everything else scatter. Do not talk yourself out of the Word, he said, and you align your plans with the guides in your stars. New York swelters and fumes with the last dying rattles of summer, but no matter. You know its true north, you know how your heart beats. It thrashes, too, but once it settles, oh how it remains.

Everything changes
and
Nothing changes
all at once.

The waves roll in.
The stars are there, even when you cannot see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment