Monday, August 27, 2018

36

...And the demons rage, still, but they keep me company and sometimes we share a drink. It's a work in progress, too... Above all, I am hopeful for the year to come. 

Because what can I hope for you, but more of the same? I hope you continue to work on your growth, on learning from your mistakes, on finding the magic. I hope something big comes of this love affair and that you gain something from it, whatever it may be. I hope if the time comes to leave this apartment that you do, but I see now, finally, that it may not. I hope, as always, that you see something new, and learn something. I hope you stay curious, and open to Adventure, and say yes. I hope you forgive yourself when you cannot. 

We tend to want the same thing year after year, eh? Be free, be happy, never stop learning or growing, see something new but return to New York... it is where the Word dances in you. I'm so glad to see what you've done of your life and so excited to see what you've yet to do. Be mad. Be free. Be alive. In whatever form that takes. 

Happy Birthday. 

1 comment: