Wednesday, December 5, 2012

the Fast Forward

And by morning, the storm has come. Great big drifts of bright white snow sweep across the rooftops outside my window, cover the streets and cars and people. Life is at a standstill; I am grateful to work from home, to not have to even open the door. A super shovels snow from front porches across the street but to no avail, it is endless. I exhaust my every sense of snuggle and comfort, cannot take another long bath or drink any more hot cocoa. A video clip comes on the screen, a reminder of years ago and a man who watched the show only to indulge my attempted innocence. I tend to think if things were different then, they may have been different now, but it is only a trick of the lights. The truth is, we are who were were, and the sweetness in your voice was never going to change that.

The show seems old now, dated. Funny how the same never can be said for memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment