Saturday, December 22, 2012

Solstice

Another day where everything trembles. We go about preparing for the Christmas feast but a hangover tears at my seams and I spill gingersnaps all over her kitchen floor. How much truth was spoken in the late hours and there is still no explaining the gash in my hand. I go home exhausted, begin to scrub the corners; I say it is for Christmas but I'm only trying to avoid the cobwebs within, the cliché beats itself to a pulp right in front of me. I dreamed last night that I knew what it was to want to hurt you, but I cannot remember it now.

The darkness turned yesterday, could you feel it? Every day, now, is longer than the day before. You survived the slippery slope, you will survive many more to come even when you don't believe it. Hold my hand, stay under these covers, spring will come before we know it.

The blood that trickles from our wintery skin, will be replenished in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment