Sunday, September 11, 2011

When It Drizzles

It seemed a sweet gift that the pouring rain ended just as I needed to go out. Layers of clothes and suddenly it turned out that the air was warm; I am so grateful for every morsel of summer that remains. The movie ended up being about how much the protagonist loved the rain. The irony was not lost on me; I allowed myself to giggle, it was lovely.

He waxed poetic on walking through Paris at night, dreaming of beautiful ages in romantic hues. Every frame dripping with cobblestoned streets and red wine in small glasses, bistro tables lining the sidewalks and Paris doesn't need any help in looking like magic.

Montmartre is beautiful in the evenings. Do you remember that cavernous restaurant in the Marais? We took a wrong turn and found a house where you said we'd one day live. Tonight, I stepped out of the movie theater and the streets looked nothing like that, but no matter. Paris brightens my heart, just by reminding me it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment