Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On Piglets

A day of rain, but once evening came, the skies cleared and the sun set perfectly over our view in the harbor. For a second I could pretend the boat was the one on the 26th street pier and wasn't the company just as sweet, the light as breathtaking?

Giggles move on to that familiar bar, that feeling of home, and the bartender plays a tune that makes the soul sing, it's not lost on you. Last night, a pair of eyes that knew you when asked questions that made your heart break and you didn't think you were so easily broken. A single sentence can lose your hope and you don't know how to pick it up again. I know you are elsewhere, I can't help but wish you were here.

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes, and I said, I have somewhere to sleep, I have something to eat, I'm fine. But it wasn't the whole truth. The whole truth is I have her, I have hands to hold and smiles to face. I couldn't ask for more, if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment