Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall/ter

Today fall truly arrived to Stockholm. I was late for work but still the skies were dark, ominous, I remembered what a winter in Sweden was and shivered. By the time I'd locked up the office, the sun was out and the scarf superfluous. It's easy to be grateful over such a small change.

The weekend passed in stretches of immobility. Of wearing pajamas all day and enjoying movies to which you knew the ending by looking at the cover. Of sitting on opposite sides of the kitchen table with magazines and coffee in silence, but still preferring it to sitting there alone.

I do not write. I do not find the words in my soul. I have been feeling well this weekend, freed from the dark clouds that perpetually circle my air with their questions, their intangible answers. It saddens me that I cannot both be light at heart and literate.

But tonight, just tonight, I do not mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment