Sunday, September 25, 2011

Someone Else's Days

Rested limbs and light heart. Limitless coffee and better company could not be wished for. It's Sunday and brunch and the view is all turning leaves and it seems a shame to ask them to pull down the shades. For a brief moment, how easy life. How easy the future, how close the laughter. I understand why people choose such a world. For a brief moment, I don't understand why I don't.

Retreat to a quiet apartment. Such a blessing to have somewhere to go, even if only for a while. Ignore the clocks counting down, they will only disturb your slumber. I sit in front of that word processor, knowing full well the words must be written, but unable to resume their story. How far away they seem.

Today I see the stable life, and I wish that it were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment