Monday, July 26, 2010

To Deliberate

The Good Lord set aside Sundays for brunch, so who were we to disobey. We went to the recently moved soul food place on Seventh Ave, and I smiled to see chicken-and-waffles on the menu. Stored the information for when it may be asked of me.

It was a late night on the Sunset Strip, L.A., that a white minivan pulled up to us, where we stumled home along the curb. A strange-looking boy stuck his head out the window and asked us where he and the rest of his haphazard band could find some chicken and waffles. Having had a little too much Jack Daniels, I knew better than to trust my senses, and I had to ask him to repeat his question several times before I was sure he was asking for what it sounded like. I'd never heard of such madness, nor could I wrap my head around it now.

Needless to say, we couldn't help them out with their quest. But when they asked us to jump in the back of their van and come back to their hotel for an after-party, we were all smiles and senses of adventure. We climbed in with their drumset, their saxophones and random members, and we set off into the night.


There is magic in every moment. One day, you will look back on a single second of your life, and it will sparkle, even if you didn't expect it to ever do so when it happened. That's why you persevere. That's why you make it one more day, even though some days it's more of a struggle than you think you can handle. Tomorrow, you may get the sparkle, and you wouldn't want to miss it.

Last night, I fell asleep with my head by the window, gazing at the lightning as my chest vibrated with the thunder overhead. Tonight, the heat broke, the air changed and I can finally keep my window open; I breathe it in wholly. Tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, I will get my sparkle. I wouldn't want to miss it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. spotify:track:4v73JXTjMZvedDUDsE3cST

    wouldn't want to miss it. But did you ever think, maybe all that stuff that you (we) feel is distracting us from finding our path, is actually the path? The purpose and the way? And that we should just take it in and stop thinking so very very much?

    xx

    ReplyDelete