Saturday, July 17, 2010

11211

Exhausted feet collapse in their west village bed; hours of dancing blackened their soles beyond recognition. The train car was empty as we crossed the Williamsburg bridge, and I ran the entire car just because I could. Such ideas will be created when the mind is tired and buzzing, and dear friends shout encouragements along the way.

We stood on the roof top and gazed out at Manhattan. Tears in her eyes, she said do you see how Big this is? and I knew what she meant. Ten floors up, I didn't dare look down.

For a while, my entire day was washed away, my every doubt laid to rest. We had another shot of tequila, turned up the music, and I let New York blow me away.

1 comment:

  1. http://open.spotify.com/track/2h23bjG8B3bcD47HBu6bHG

    Little baby, let NYC blow you away, there will be plenty of time in fall to...well...fall. But make sure you don't stop writing - that's why you are there, right? xx love you

    ReplyDelete