Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wrecking ball

It's like putting band aids on a wound that requires medical attention, he says, and there are so many things in life that fit the analogy. I'm taking all the vitamins they recommend me and still I wake with tears spilling down my cheeks, it's cruel. I'm looking for easy outs, I admit it, it's just that the hard work is so hard, don't you know I'm just one person and I'm not sure I have what it takes, is it possible you have any pills back there I haven't taken yet? I've started looking at apartment listings again, old wounds break open, old addictions provide their tacky adhesives, I did the god damned hard work and still here I am nursing these same bottles. The city is full of moving trucks, the streets are full of we've had enough, summer is here and I still don't know how to pay rent, is this the country we wanted to create when we ran away from the others? They ask when I'm coming home, but I have made this bed and somehow I'm still in love with it. I gave you everything you ever wanted, it wasn't what you wanted.

You wonder if it's time to throw out your first aid kid.

Go out in search of the scalpel instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment