Thursday, June 11, 2020

N 11th

It was all the rage when I lived in Brooklyn, I hear myself say. Of course, that was 11 years ago now. I don’t know how time passes like it does. The skyline across the river undulates, builds and changes, entire neighborhoods have sprung up and reached for the sky since then, and what have I done? We put in the AC units finally this week, lamenting how anyone else would not understand what it is to take life into your own hands like that, what it is to live in New York sometimes. The windowsill breaks a little each time.

I break a little all the time too, mind you.

But you do it enough and eventually you forget to hurt through it.

I had other things to say,
but sometimes I don’t know how to say them.
Sometimes your best bet is to sit real still
And listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment