Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Instructions for Dancing

How do you do it, she says, how do you want to live?
The hard part about some answers is that you don't know them, even when you live them. The hard part about life is that you have to live it, even when you don't know how. I had such a long run along the river today, all mild sunshine and cool breeze, I had such a winding conversation with you. You said all the right things, we knew all the secrets, I tired my muscles like a trick of the lights but when I landed didn't everything look the same after all? When I woke up, wasn't my bed as empty as ever?

June sweeps in like a kindness over a stormy sea. Do you remember how you used to sweep in over me? I am all bottomless ocean now, all hunger and tears. Perhaps the problem is I was the one with answers all along.

Perhaps the problem is you're the one who needs to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment