Sunday, June 7, 2020

and Out of Darkness

How many weeks we have spent removed from our sanity, from our skin, how long we have spent without the weight of another's body along our borders, it is no wonder we stumble, no wonder our vision turns blurry. I thought I could go a little longer pretending it's okay but I stared at the shifting clouds over Brooklyn today and they seemed to tell me I shouldn't. We have been here before and it was only ever deep cuts into well-trodden paths, did you know you could bleed forever and still refuse to die? I'm talking in riddles because the truth is too bright to look at, it will burn the eyes from out of your heart, it will knock you off your path and you have to stay on it, you have to keep going.

I know you don't want to. I know you're ready to give up and go home. But home burned itself to the ground.

And you promised you'd build yourself something better in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment