Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Wishing Well

You sit in the window of a dark bar dousing the blood in your veins, quelling the fires. Send out hesitant tendrils, request for lifelines, whisper the fears of your life into the world and see where they catch. A life raft sinks behind you, stones collect in your pockets, you are all mumbles, all three-leaf clovers. I dreamed the plants in my windowsill had wilted. I forgot to save them. There might be a message in there somewhere, but do you know what? I'm done with vague messages from clouded minds, please yell your messages at me from the rooftops: there's a shooting star drowning in my ear because it didn't stop to ask for directions and I'm no longer open for interpretation. I read a poem today so good it broke my heart, and I thought there will never be a purpose higher than this.

Just you try and stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment