Monday, May 6, 2019

Update

How many years pass, you spiral in the same confused maze with all the answers in your hands but you are blind to see them. I spilled them all across the bar and picked them up a hundred times before I began to recognize their crooked shapes against my fingertips. How life is a constant choice. Yes, to living another day. Yes to loving you, to loving me, yes to brushing these shoulders off and leaving the old ghosts in the dust, yes to carrying them even on days when you think you cannot. Yes to holding a small candle in my pocket. This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, but it isn't the fire you thought sat in you. Nothing is what you thought, and perhaps that is the lesson.

A young girl stands at the edge of the page. She waits and waits and does not tire. You take her hand, begin to walk. Yes to the answer when you see it at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment