Friday, May 10, 2019

Pointed

Brief flutters of a lifeline, you recognize the spark in your chest trying to jump start a vehicle that hasn't moved in ages. Try to see signs from the Universe, try to build giggles by the right turns at the ellipses. Try, try again, I found a hundred four-leaf clovers by the river today, he marveled at the coincidence and you thought well, coincidences happen all the time. I woke in a dark room, I mean that metaphorically, my whole being is a dark room now and I haven't enough drugs in this medicine cabinet to turn the lights back on. Pull out the cables, read the instructions again. Perhaps you missed something important when you thought you were invincible. See it now, clear as day.

If it still won’t start, your battery may be beyond help.

No comments:

Post a Comment