Monday, May 20, 2019

This is the first day of my life

What is there to say that has not already been said? What words to write, what smiles to share, you’ve seen all the glitter my eyes can muster, have felt the power of a spring morning on your pillow, we know the peaks and the chasms, what else is there to know? You said everything changed, you felt 
as if 
you just 
woke up.
Summer arrived like a dance this week, my heart warms, my limbs soften, did you hear me laugh just then at the Everything? I meant it. Today is the first day, yes, but aren’t they all? Aren’t we always starting over, aren’t we always building a life on a pile of first days, aren’t we building this life on a string of yeses, I choose this life, again, and again, and you may think it is just a habit but
no.

I know exactly what I’m doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment