Monday, May 6, 2019

Surrender

A sun rises at last over Manhattan, I wake earlier each morning and do not complain. There's a magic in quiet mornings over old water towers that trumps your weariness, it is a gift. Meander down through financial districts and sleepy old alleys built before anyone had any sense of what this city would become; do you not prefer the naive innocence of its humble beginnings? I never regret falling head first into any of these adventures, no matter how many bandaids they cost me after the fact.

Last night I found a four-leaf clover, tucked away in a notebook from another time. There are no answers to be found, anywhere, we do the best we can with our questions, we do the best we can with our hearts, it's only because I'm addicted to being happy that I refuse to settle, it's really quite simple, I will not change a thing. After all, aren't we beings ever desirous, ever longing, ever curious?

I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. The answer is not to stop living entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment