Saturday, December 1, 2018

Easy

Navigate the trains like you knew them, navigate the streets like you want them in your bloodstream. The bourbon sinks deep but none of it mattered, at the base of my spins sits only a whisper, sits only the secret knowledge that a story moves on, moves out of my hands and into the world. I tried to tell him what the Universe had shown me but the world is too large, the life too beautiful. When I say I love you it cannot possibly mean all the things I want it to, but please know that my veins flow differently now because of all the things we are, and all the things we have yet to be, that must mean something in the great Mystery. A story moves on, moves through me and that is the secret after all; we are the river, and all things that are to come will flow through us even as we move. I had the answer once but this drink will do for now, I squander my tips on the F train, all roads lead you home
if you let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment