Thursday, December 13, 2018

Dial Down

At last it catches up with you. All day, all week, for ages it's been circling your street corner, been just outside your line of vision, you could feel it approach but catch nothing if you reached for it. For once, it is not the dark, wet blanket of winter that finally sinks its teeth in you, but a wind like a current, a moment's peace, a brief instant when the jumbled thoughts in your head all line up and you see clearly at last that which has only scared you in the unknown. I race to find pen and paper, to jot everything down, to not forget how my present and future paint themselves in my to-do lists. For too long I have been slipping, and at last I find footing. The Universe is testing me, more and more, again again, the first step is to realize you cannot rest on your laurels. He calls and I hear peace on the line, today I read a piece of poetry so precious I cried and smiled at the same time, life is gifts and daggers in a jumble, just roll with it. We speak in half truths, I know, but the wind is here now, I think I can breathe now, I'll dig where I stand and promise to unearth the other half of the truth for you; it's not perfect, but it's a start.

You are here now. What will you do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment