Monday, December 31, 2018

Chipped

Oh, but it’s too many words to say, they get stuck in my throat, they get lost in the winding mountain roads, I have so much to tell you but I get caught in my own chest and let me just carry it, it’s nothing I haven’t held before. A year circles the drain, 12 months ago how cold it was but tonight the snow fell in warm drifts of powder, everything changes and yet somehow we are the same. Or perhaps we have changed and everything else remains, you cannot step into the same river twice.

I am not afraid of the change. I am not afraid of pain or of weights in this chest, I have walked through a lifetime of snowstorms, it’s only weather. A year circles the drain but another comes, not to replace it, but to build its spire on the base of all that’s come before. Dig where you stand, and soon enough you’ll reach the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment