Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Paints

I went out to the ocean today. I woke up stumbling and a quiet voice said the ocean heals, what choice did I have but to go? The sea was tumultuous, waves crashing in every direction, relentless, full of debris; it looked like my insides on display. I sat at the edge of the water and stared at the waves, whispering at the sea for guidance. The water lapped my feet, my shoulders browned in the afternoon sun. Sometimes I feel so close to the answer that if I just sit very, very still, it'll land on my outstretched fingertips.

It's not a clear path, but I am walking it. The puzzle pieces scatter in a jumble around me, but they are here. I will dig where I stand and begin to piece them together. Bear with me, the waves are high but I can swim enough for the both of us. Hold on a little longer, I will row this boat to shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment