Thursday, July 12, 2018

Goofy

Wake in the middle of the night, a fan above the mosquito net beats a steady rhythm, the cicadas outside like a lullaby. When dawn comes, we drag heavy limbs through a quiet camp and stumble into the old van to catch the swell. Everything is palm trees and persistent dreams, the first time I stand on the beat up board and surf to shore, it feels like nothing else has ever existed, I am weightless and grounded all at once. Hours later, how many it’s impossible to tell, my muscles give in, I roll with the waves and smile despite myself, we buy fruit for pennies and eat them with sandy hands until sweet juice drips down our skin. There’s a breeze in the palm trees that never knew sorrow, there’s a life out there that never wanted to break you, only bring you to shore, you take every gift the Universe gives you.

My heart bleeds and bleeds.
I don’t regret a single thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment