Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Catch Me If You Can

I wear out my limbs, one by one to silence the voices, it's a comfort that it works. Summer sings as the sun sets over Brooklyn, the breeze is light in the trees, the gift is not lost on you. We sat on the roof above the 18th floor and looked at the city as it spread out around us, so many years later and it still takes my breath away every time I let it. I traced the streets, pointing out buildings we knew, parks and street corners, how the stories of our past paint maps on top of the grid. Love beams and grows in my chest at every turn. I have begun looking at apartment listings again; it soothes me. Back at home, we sit on the couch gossiping through another movie night, the choices of what you have to gain and what to lose have never been clearer.

Choose your moves with care. It is not the same as with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment