Thursday, October 24, 2019

Phoenix

A character speaks to you from across the page. She wanders the strange and confusing maze of her own life, tries to make the best of the twists and turns which you have thrown in her path. We are all trying to live our lives with some meaning, with some spark, but oh how hard it is sometimes. You ache for the destiny you have given her but do not erase it: without this fire, she will not have ashes out of which to rise. Maybe it has to hurt now, I whispered once into dark silent nights but I secretly pleaded with the Universe not to let it.

And that was when, the Universe tightened the vise.

The point I'm trying to make, my dear sweet creation, is this: I will not make you walk through fire, if I do not believe you will come out stronger on the other side. I will not give you burdens that I do not think you can carry. And, above all this, I do not send you on a path without walking it beside you.

The woods seem dark now, the struggle great. I have no comfort except to tell you that conquering it is greater still. I have no comfort except this hand to hold you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment