Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Moments

I wake late but catch the train right on time. When it turns out I've forgotten my wallet, the cafe owner gives me my coffee for free. Returning to the subway without a ticket to my name, I find another card in a jacket pocket that swipes through with ease. I wrote a story so sad this morning that all the hurt drained from out of me, and didn't it look like I had created something new after? The Universe forces gifts and rainbows into my veins, refuses my stubborn despair, showers me with sunshine, who am I to question the Universe? Who am I to tell it it's wasting its time?

It rains today, endless cascades of cold October rains and strangers in the street like drenched cats, but do you know? Every day you are not drowing is a day you do the damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment