Monday, April 23, 2018

Resolution

The day begins in sunshine, you drink it in with your coffee and let it seep deep into your lungs. It puts a smile on your face despite itself. You take a long run along the river and lie in the grass recovering, there’s a double meaning in there and you allow it. On the other end of the ticket, chaos yells at you until you stumble but as the sun sets over your subway train you are all peace.

I am stronger now than I was before. I will take the lid off this boiling pot, there was sunshine in my bed this morning and it reminded me I am ready to do better than I know how, it reminded me what spring feels like in my bones, it reminded me what love is and it is not the absence of crooked, of pitfalls, or fear.

It is walking the road despite them, and always finding your way home in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment