Thursday, April 12, 2018

Bleed

You fell asleep in giggles, but when the morning came it brought news of death. A nephew turns two, it's strange how life carries on even when it stops, it does not bother. I stared into the wall for a minute, hearing her voice through the years, she was starting to look so much like her mother, her children just like her. A few blocks away, a furry companion spends his final hours blissfully unaware. I ran along the river yesterday and the flowers spread out like a blanket in every direction. How life carries on even when it stops, it does not bother. I pack bags and prepare birthday cakes. He looks at potential views on the west coast; everyone is the main character of their own story and you wonder how you'll have time to honor them all. Write the epic poems until your heart runs out of ink. The flowers spread out in every direction, life carries on, life returns, life explodes in your chest and once it is there it does not turn back it does not restrain itself, I feel it in my bones now, in the tingle of my skin now that winter is done and I will not turn back. I woke in giggles and I am not sorry. Spring is here. 

I am ready to come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment