Friday, March 30, 2018

Sees the Wind Blow

The dog sleeps in the little nook along your side. She snores, and you don't want to move for fear of disrupting her peace. I woke too early again, today, the street still dark and wet with rain, while heavy clouds sat on my brow and screamed of stories the short sleep had let me forget. Still, there was a moment in the late afternoon, when I walked past a small West Village courtyard, that the sun broke out, and the magnolias were suddenly in bloom, and the daffodils littered the ground with their impossible yellows, that I found myself smiling despite myself. There was a moment yesterday, in a breathless, small room in Times Square, when my fingers remembered just how to dance across the keys, and my voice expanded past the confines of my own defenses, that I felt whole. I refreshed the cherry blossom tracker and the first flowers have bloomed in Brooklyn.

Something better is coming.

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment