Saturday, March 17, 2018

Madness

it doesn’t look like much from afar, from the air, a collection of scattered LEGO bricks on a straight grid of red and white bead strings, lights could be found anywhere, isn’t it small? But I traced the avenues with my fingers and found a small street corner, a light like any other, and knew that there stands a door to which my keys will fit. I gently wandered the streets with my eyes and remembered how they feel under my feet. I wanted to reach out and hold the whole city in my hands but it was enough just to know it was finally within reach.

The wind blew cold, freezing, arctic at passenger pick up but I don’t imagine that I cared. I know here was a time when I wasn’t here. But I can’t for the life of me remember what that felt like.

No comments:

Post a Comment