Sunday, June 6, 2010

White Horse Tavern

Too many drinks, too much silly laughter. Too much running around Manhattan, trying to gather up the pieces, the people, that I love. Unable to calculate what it means. A year has passed and I am not the same.
.
I stared at the ceiling of the bar. He'd go here. He'd sit here and drink his beers just as I do mine. There is nowhere I would rather be. We hug goodnight, and there is no one I would rather be.

New York, honey, you stayed afloat amidst madness and sadness. You waited patiently, while I gathered my things, while I packed my bags. I am back, I am here. I may never leave.

New York, it's only been a year. But you had me, long before I had set foot on your dirty concrete floor. You had me, long before I knew what it was to know you. You never let me down. I pray, some day, I will make you proud in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment