Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Sweetest Downfall

My mind incessantly busies itself

with you.

How hard it is to focus, to relish the daily intricacies and giggles, with you on my mind. How I long to run my fingers through your hair, for you to smile at me.

You trickle into my dreams; one minute dark eyes and in the next you are someone else, light hair in waves. But I know it is you every time because when you look at me, my cheeks burn and I look away, like some school girl caught red-handed. I awake with a delicious feeling in my limbs.

I think I see you in streets, I know you spend your days nearby. Or so I imagine. It is never you. Some day it will be and I will have no idea. How fickle the imagination, and yet it tickles me.

You are the secret I carry with me.

I loved you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment