Sunday, June 20, 2010

All In

A slew of invitations hailed in through my phone on Saturday morning. Of Coney Island Mermaid Parade adventures, of Williamsburg rooftops, of Fire Island retreats. The weather man on television said it was an unbeatable gorgeous summer day, and I could do naught but I agree. I turned the fans on high, pulled down the blinds, and stayed at home.

And after ten hours of royal wedding madness, of tears shed and dresses admired, after a whole day of not leaving my apartment, of not contemplating life, or to-do-lists, or adventures, I began to unwind, to regroup.

Today, I sat once more in the NJ Transit waiting area. Another angel stepped out through those doors, and we tripped to the subway giggling. The cycle begins anew. I am blessed not only to have these people in my life, but also, to realize how blessed that makes me.

Another dawn breaks over a cramped New York City apartment. My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment