Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No, I Grew Up Here.

French wines endlessly refilled and the cheeses clearly not from your local cheap deli. Here I am, yards from my own, tiny existance, and the ceilings are three times as high. I stand by the terrace and see a full moon in the floor-to-ceiling windows. I look to the right and see my window. How small it is, how high.

We step outside our normal point of view and the world is all different.

Tipsy, we return to our own stoop, our own apartment building, our own world. We spill words of togetherness, of suddenly facing this world side by side, but mostly of what inspiration is and what we do with it.

Perhaps I was never the quick one. Perhaps it has almost been a year and I am still figuring out how to go about this thing. The important bit, is that I am. We get where we're going, at some point. That is all that matters.

And when there is wine and West Village townhouses along the way... I, for one, am not one to complain.

2 comments:

  1. älskade cajsa. du är den sista som behöver ha ångest över förspillda dagar. hur mycket jag än saknar dig, om du skulle kommit tillbaka nu, skulle jag sagt åt dig: go to new york, live madly. låt texten komma, och under tiden, drick vin och var glad. det finns ändå inget annat man kan göra, och vilket bättre ställe. allt man gör är ändå bara att vänta på döden. du gör ett val varje dag. det finns inget annat sätt att göra det på, livet alltså, borde inte finnas något annat.

    och. jag ser fram emot de där månaderna i sandarna.

    en dag i taget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. åh malin.

    copy print upp på väggen.
    bredvid broderitavlan.

    tama fåglar längtar
    vilda fåglar flyger

    ibland landar de lite bara.
    sandarna, 2011. vi ses.

    ReplyDelete