Monday, April 19, 2010

I See You

A day of proper clothes and riding the subway like a respectable person with the nine-to-five crowd. Settling, satisfied, into the clean, spacious office with its inspiring skyline view, booting up and resuming work, playing catch-up.

Finally connecting and the new computer has an integrated webcam, like a little treat in the conversation. Where were we? When did we last speak? There's too much to retell, we look ahead instead.

She is tired of that town now, that job and that life. I already left it once, why would I go back to begin with? Two good girls, trapped in their societal expectations and inner super-egos, with dreams and aspirations but always falling prey to what they should do. And suddenly how clear it was, how the Answer and the Project spread out ahead of us. Ahead of me, the chance to toss that head from my shoulders and revel in Madness. To dig my toes into the dark, seedy sand and see what comes of it.

On the horizon, opportunity. Immortality and refusal to acknowledge limitations. The No of the Father detained for yet another little while. How these days pass in a tumble of despair and elation. But I chose that. This, is the life I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment