Sunday, April 25, 2010

But Soft

What light through yonder window breaks.

Another late night home, keys slam doors and the dog stirs. Impossible to catch a cab at this hour, in this rain, on this corner. Give up, dive into the underground and pray for trains. I have simply to wait for a green light, I am home, but my shoes are soggy. Who could have known? I packed my umbrella. A scout underneath pink covers.

Recovery from no sleep, mixed drinks, supposed to be a dinner but it turned into countless IPAs and deep talk. Life is holy and every moment is precious. A slow trickle turns into steady streams of who we are, and what we face. But what is your plan?! What are you doing? Tonight, how easy the answer.

Open the window. Pray for less sun, more wind, tomorrow. Sleep debt worse than that of student loans. Repay in full, A-sap. Lids close and dream of freedom, the kind you read in books. Should I be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment