Friday, November 27, 2009

Gratitude

The air got suddenly so cold. The evening warm but the night blew winter across the fire escape. Arlene's was open and still the street had never been so quiet. Houston was unpleasant but turning onto Bedford brought the calm comfort of a homecoming, my street steadily welcoming, resting with a waking eye. That walk always the best way to digest, to swallow, to clear the head, and always arriving home safe. Strangely greeted by the morning news and updates on the traffic situation, as though it wasn't still Thanksgiving night, as though it were the beginning of any other day and not the end of a party.

Tonight, I am grateful for my New York family. For having people I truly love, so close at hand. Always an open door, always an open heart. Home is where the heart is. Tonight, I am thankful, that my heart is right Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment