Friday, November 20, 2009

Exhaustion

Thank God for a Friday night with no plans. For a moment when it's okay to close the bedroom door, curl up in sweat pants and lazily read random blogs, until it's late enough to legally go to bed.

Only it gets old, so fast. The mind always ready to run wild, no matter how many Manhattan miles have gathered under the soles of your dirty converse sneakers. The body so drained, but the soul restless. Time for the next step, but too weary to take it. Not sure where it'll lead.

What is this life I am living? I haven't the energy to ponder the answer. Not tonight. Please leave me be. Can't you see I'm on a break? Can't you see I'm trying to hide in the corner of the closet, until this cloud has passed?

I pull down the blinds, find my ear plugs, turn out the lights. Hoping no one can get to me now. (Most of all myself.) The forecast for tomorrow says sunny. I hold on to that, and close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment