Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Rash

He passes you on the 6th street foot bridge, a flash of a bright memory, the Universe winks at you in the most unexpected ways. You smile into the approaching storm clouds, make your way home to the piles of paper, the half drunk wine bottles, the post its that declare there is something left in life to discover. Fuck it, let's find out rings loud across your temples, everything feels like an old sweater you are ready to shed. 

New York, I think we need to take a break. I think I have to leave you to remember what it is to miss you. This shoebox was everything I had dreamed of, but all my dreams are of ferries and trains and going somewhere else now, I wake up in your arms and I feel nothing. New York, this doesn't mean it's over, I just need to stretch my legs, need to feel the grass under my bare feet to remember how much I love your electricity in my veins. 

New York, don't you see I'm doing this for us?

I've paced this block in circles so many times,
I'm leaving a scar in the concrete. 

We deserve better than these wounds we've given.

No comments:

Post a Comment