Saturday, May 6, 2023

Rocky Mountains

There will be some turbulence, the pilot's crackling voice says over the PA. For those of you who travel this route a lot, you know this is what happens when you cross the Rockies. I draw myself out of my sleep deprived revelry to look out over barren lowlands and snowy cap. I have traveled this route a lot. I'm prepping sandwiches and seltzers and will meet you at arrivals, she buzzes into your phone, a geographic shift in reunions but somehow the most right kind of all. An adventure begins, it starts now, it spreads out across the year and tells you to expect the unexpected, how could this encounter not be a wink from the Universe about stardust to come? I am ready now, I whisper into the mountains, as they wriggle thousands of feet beneath us. Flight attendants, please prepare for arrival. 

It's as good a sign as any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment