Friday, August 12, 2022

Reimers

Come straight here when the boat comes in, we’ll be here waiting with wine and cheese. You’ve never had a better welcome. 

The late summer sun sinks along the country roads, as the bus winds the last few miles back to the city. Suddenly you remember how to navigate the station, know where to stand before the train arrives. I took ten last dips in the ocean today, but when the wine is all drunk we still make our way down to the small dock by the city boats to jump into the blackness. The dog lies next to my bed, smelling of wet summer.

 I ran around the island and when I didn’t want to run any more, I took all my clothes off and slipped into the water. Nothing is complicated. You let them take care of you, when did you ever let anyone take care of you, you think no one passes until a decade in. You were always slow to warn, slower to let go. 

The point us you are now. 

What will you do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment