Monday, August 15, 2022

Gate A3

A journey ends. I wake to a full moon and collect the remains of my belongings. The dog moves up to the warm spot at my pillow, one sleepy eye following me around the room. As dawn begins its mild stretch onto the island, I drag my heavy suitcase across cobblestoned hills, Stockholm silent with rest, with peace. The airport is a familiar buzz, you hesitate to open your resting office, try to postpone returns as long as you can. Returns. My hair still smells of a hundred summer swims, my eyebrows are white with origin. Last night at sunset, we took the boat around the island and marveled at the things. May we always marvel at the things. 

I know a few new answers have bloomed in my spine now, know a few deep breaths have reached my lungs despite myself. Fall arrives, everything arrives, I have walked to the ends of the earth to find  solutions that were buried in where I came from, but the thing is, I wouldn't have seen them

if I hadn't gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment