Sunday, April 25, 2021

Welcome

A full moon moves across the firmament, lights up the little bedroom across from the community garden. Was the sky always this wide, and I just didn't know it? I unpack box after box, wonder where things should go, wonder how to set up a life. Return to the old apartment, how it feels foreign, though it is so familiar. You do not live there anymore. He says let's be kind to our hearts and you soften your tensed muscles. On the fire escape, a pair of mourning doves have made a nest in my flower pot. It's theirs now. 

I let go of that which was, now, do you hear me Universe? I am cleansed and twisted and thrown into the new, I am ready. May is upon us and in May we run. 

In May I am ready to believe impossible stretch
of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment