Monday, November 9, 2020

Edge

A new day rushes ahead, bursts into existence, demands attention. You barrel through the piles of work that collected dust in the week of limbo, while the weight sits sulking in a corner, looking again for its time to shine. Little pockets of chance appear, but you pay it no mind and close the door again. I do not have time for your wailing, you hear yourself say under your breath, while you straighten your back and carry on. Yesterday we weaved through a Central Park in full regalia, fireworks in the trees and smiles on the ground, we were allowed to forget for a short while the cruelties of the world and just enjoy. The work will return, the world, but now, just now, we can meander slowly through our love for this city and speak like old friends, like we lost nothing and gained everything. 

We took the elevator up into the sky and watched the sun set over New York, I know I said I wanted to love someone else but I don't know if it's true anymore. I think maybe I have everything I need underneath my feet, I think maybe everything has been mended with this air in my lungs, the world is on fire but I am unafraid again, do you hear me? Winter is coming. 

I'll be right here. 

And I think that means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment