Monday, September 7, 2020

In Spire

This moving little word may be traced back to the Latin inspirare (“to breathe or blow into”), which itself is from the word spirare, meaning “to breathe.” Curiosity makes you read the pages upon pages about where a word comes from. Curiosity makes you listen to hours of new voices, breathing power into the world. Curiosity makes you dive head first into tedious busy work because you see a spark on the other side. I know they tell you to do the work, that the zeitgeist (from spirit, time) of the day tells you to put your queer shoulder to the wheel, but I believe there is still something to be said for magic, that you will know it when it comes and then you will not come up for air until you have expended yourself in its grasp. I will follow you to the ends of the earth, make no mistake, but you better be a unicorn when we get there. 

Do you hear me? 

I have wrestled with the angel and I am stained with light.

Try to keep up. There's an end to that rainbow and if we look for it, don't you know, we
just
might
find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment